F22: Merge yumdb for yum->dnf migration?

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jan 31 16:36:29 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-01-30 at 05:03 -0800, Casey Jao wrote:
> Since dnf knows more than yum due to its tracking
> of groups (
> http://dnf.baseurl.org/2014/04/23/how-groups-are-handled-in-modern-day-dnf/),
>
> I'd be inclined to let dnf's version take precedence.

I don't know if DNF's is better, but yum tracks groups too - it was
about the last major feature added to yum:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/YumGroupsAsObjects

An important note, though, is that no Fedora release so far has
written the groups installed during installation out to the installed
system. That is, when you install Fedora Workstation 21, neither yum
nor dnf will know the 'workstation-product' group is installed (unless
dnf infers it somehow, I haven't checked).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey