DisabledRepos and Software Center

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Jul 1 12:50:32 UTC 2015

I have question about
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/DisabledRepoSupport

We (as Copr developers) are thinking about one RFE. We would like to create package which would contains .repo files and
gpg keys for every Copr project.
All of them with
  enabled=0
  enabled_metadata=1

But I wonder what would be user experience? There would be no change for pure DNF users, but what about users of
Software Center.
What if there are multiple instances of the same application in several Copr project? What if the same application is
already in Fedora? For example: Gimp. There is one in Fedora. Let assume there would be Copr project which rebuild Gimp
with e.g. TIFF support disabled another project with Copression routines disabled. They can have higher or lower version.
How will Software Center decide (or offer user) which version from which repository will be installed?

I am especially courious about those scenarios:
1) Application is in Fedora, 3rd party repo (disabled, but metadata enabled) contains the same application with bigger
NEVRA.
2) Application is not in Fedora, there are multiple 3rd party repos (disabled, but metadata enabled) which contains
various version of the same Application.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA