F23 System Wide Change: Layered Docker Image Build Service

Steven Crothers steven.crothers at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 07:38:08 UTC 2015

If you start creating “layers” in /whatever/ container system, how do you inform the RPM database of what is installed safely?

It seems like the deltas in each image would start to cause some file integrity issues with RPM to me.

Unless we’re specifically talking about layering without RPM, in which case it’s a non-issue.

Just curious.