Do appdata files installed by a package do anything?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 13:10:19 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 6:15 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3 July 2015 at 06:29, Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Any file change would be invisible until the appstream-data package
> > contents is regenerated, right?  I suspect that's what causes testing
> > challenges.
>
> You can prefer local files over the distro-supplied data using:
>
> killall gnome-software
> gnome-software --prefer-local

Thanks, that will at least let me test the change and make sure it works
before I tell upstream.

If you want to override the screenshot, you can either patch the
> .appdata.xml in the spec file like any normal file, or you can use the
> F22+ command in the spec file:
>
> appstream-util replace-screenshots /path/to/appdata.xml
> http://new-screenshot.png

Well I'm still on F21 until RPM Fusion properly branches but thanks for the
info. In this case the appdata file isn't actually in the source archive
but is provided along side it in their github mirror so I use have it as a
source file.

Thanks,
Richard