Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2015-07-01)

Tomas Hozza thozza at redhat.com
Tue Jul 7 09:18:50 UTC 2015

On 02.07.2015 17:56, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 9:45 AM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, maybe there was some misunderstanding about the Workstation
>>> installer, but we don't allow configuration of package selection.
>>> Users
>>> are expected to use GNOME Software once the system is up and running.
>>
>> There were two combined statements there. The first was that we would
>> consider making certain netizen-oriented options available at install
>> -time. The second is that we would prefer to see tooling and
>> configuration done inside the Workstation, KDE (and other?)
>> environments rather than as a separate spin.
>
> The Workstation live installer doesn't have any installation options.
> The UI isn't even present in the installer. It's a single payload, all
> or nothing. It would have to be done as a group in GNOME Software.

How is the Live installer different from the network installer? Is it
just some configuration thing, or are those completely different
installers? It looked like regular Anaconda last time I installed
Workstation.

I'm just trying to understand if you don't want to give the user the
option to choose the installation options from live CD on purpose (due
to user experience or such) or if there is some real issue?

> The Workstation network installer has installation options.

Regards,
--
Tomas Hozza
Software Engineer - EMEA ENG Developer Experience

PGP: 1D9F3C2D
Red Hat Inc.                 http://cz.redhat.com