Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2015-07-01)

Chris Adams linux at cmadams.net
Tue Jul 7 13:54:55 UTC 2015

Once upon a time, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro at gnome.org> said:
> For Fedora 24, we've proposed trimming down Anaconda much more, since
> most of Anaconda's functionality is redundant with our initial setup
> tool that already handles language, keyboard, and timezone selection: h
> ttps://listman.redhat.com/archives/anaconda-devel-list/2015
> -June/msg00007.html

Unless the installer is not going to ask any questions or give any
information, language and keyboard are needed for input/output during
install.

Installing the system without configuring the clock can lead to booting
into a system with files that were written in the future, not being able
to join network authentication systems, and confusing/invalid install
logs.

--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>