[ACTION REQUIRED] FTBFS Packages in rawhide (2015-07-08)

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 07:36:29 UTC 2015

Hi Sergio,

On 9 July 2015 at 01:07, Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com> wrote:
> On Qua, 2015-07-08 at 21:55 +0000, opensource at till.name wrote:
>> nightfall                      mmahut, astronomy-sig          60 weeks
>> ago
>
> version available on Fedora : nightfall-1.62-15.fc20
> version available upstream : nightfall-1.86.tar.gz
>
> No wonder does not compile, but the package aren't orphan , so I can
> take ownership neither fix it . How I take care of it ?

Are you already a Fedora contributor? If so, you can apply to be a
co-maintainer of the package in the pkgdb[1].

If you're not already a Fedora contributor and you want to co-maintain
the package, one route to doing so is by co-maintaining the package
with the current package owner acting as sponsor[2]. It's possible the
owner of the package is unresponsive presently (given how out of date
the package is), but hopefully someone from the astronomy sig could
act as sponsor. It's definitely worth contacting the Astronomy SIG[3]
to ask.

Cheers,
Jonathan

[1] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb