[Fedora-legal-list] [RFC] Switching to SPDX in license tags

Richard Fontana rfontana at redhat.com
Thu Jul 9 14:21:46 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 09, 2015 at 09:42:55AM -0400, Tom Callaway wrote:
> I'm hesitant to go down this road for a number of reasons:
[...]
> 5) It implies that we're planning on implementing the full SPDX
> specification. And we're not.

This last one is a big concern for me. What I've been seeing, and I
don't mean to suggest this is some intentional sinister scheme, is
that the confusion between the SPDX abbreviation system and the full
SPDX spec is being used to make the full SPDX effort look more viable
or popular than it actually is.

RF