Sponsor shortage

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 10 13:43:10 UTC 2015

:

> Hi,
>
> Today I happened to look at this page:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/PackageReviewStatus/NEEDSPONSOR.html
>
> from which I can see we have potentially on the order of 100 new
> potential contributors to Fedora whose efforts we're missing out on
> due to a lack of sponsors. Some people seem to have been waiting to be
> sponsored for a couple of years. This is quite an unfortunate
> situation - what can we do to improve that situation? How many
> *active* packaging sponsors do we currently have?

If someone had been waiting for that long, and tried to reached out on the
mailing-list or irc, then I'd like to hear you.

I really advise people to start with smaller packages and/or reach out the
list
first because, we're having a more global shortage of reviewers.

Moreover, people interested in comaintaining packages, especially *upstream*
maintainers should consider the comaintainership path.

H.