python 3.5 in Fedora?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 08:01:02 UTC 2015

On 15 July 2015 at 08:04, Jonathan Underwood
<jonathan.underwood at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 July 2015 at 23:01, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> I just got a bug filed against my package not working with Python 3.5
>> ... in *Ubuntu*?!  That sort of thing never happens since normally
>> Fedora is usually so far ahead of Ubuntu.
>>
>> I notice that Fedora Rawhide is carrying Python 3.4.3, but Python
>> 3.5.0b1 was released a couple of months ago.  Is Fedora going to
>> upgrade?
>>

> Seems not for F23...
>
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/python-devel/2015-June/000714.html

Right, the delay's unfortunate, but trying to get the Python 2 -> 3
migration to hit a moving target seemed like a bad idea.

Definitely on the agenda for F24 though, and I'd like for us to do a
mass rebuild of affected packages in Beaker before landing the change
in Rawhide so we get an itemised list of which packages failed to
rebuild and the associated mock build logs.

Regards,
Nick.