Proposal: Drop comps

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Jul 15 13:20:13 UTC 2015

Vít Ondruch wrote:

> Can we just drop comps entirely (or at least trim them down
> significantly)? I know that this will not happen from day to day, but I
> see the comps just as an ugly workaround for missing weak dependencies,
> which we have now.

Since your proposal to drop comps is based on an apparent false premise
(that comps is just an ugly workaround...), no.

But +1 to trimming comps where it makes sense, assuming the conclusion of "
install media compose process" is that Recommends: deps get installed by
default (option 1 there)

-- rex