Improving our processes for new contributors.

Przemek Klosowski przemek.klosowski at nist.gov
Wed Jul 15 17:03:28 UTC 2015

> On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 11:05:40 -0400, Przemek Klosowski wrote:
>
>> I do understand where you're coming from: the Fedora workflow is quite
>> complicated
> What exactly do you find "quite complicated"?
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process
I was responding to Les' comment about the tools that one needs to use
in order to package something: RPM, VCS, i18n, lib/autotool, COPR,
Bodhi, mock, etc.  Don't get me wrong---I am not saying that there's
anything wrong with the tools, just that they seem easy to those who
already mastered them, but may be intimidating to the uninitiated.

This is my point, actually, that it's hard for a packaging pro to
appreciate the confusion of a newbie. Some kid-glove treatment, and ELI5
tutoring/mentoring might help.