dnf doesn't check for rpmdb lock?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 15:20:07 UTC 2015

I remember frequently (to my dismay) getting messages from yum saying that
another process had a lock on the RPM database.

Due to a recent rash of issues with the akmods package I have been
investigating why the kmods are not getting installed.

Out of curiosity I tried running two dnf update instances in two different
terminals and I did not get the message, in fact it acted like nothing was
wrong!

Of course I hit "n" to not install the updates so I'm not sure what would
happen if I had hit "y"...

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Richard