Hosting End-Of-Life Fedora Base images?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 16:55:29 UTC 2015

On 20 July 2015 at 10:39, Adam Miller <maxamillion at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hello all,
>     There was an issue ticket filed against the Fedora Docker Base
> Images[0] github repo requesting that older End-Of-Life'd (EOL'd)
> Fedora releases be made available as docker images[1] and I'm not
> personally very inclined to do this because I think EOL'd releases
> should be left alone once they are OEL'd but I wanted to open the
> discussion to see if others would be interested.
>
> -AdamM
>
> [0] - https://github.com/fedora-cloud/docker-brew-fedora
> [1] - https://github.com/fedora-cloud/docker-brew-fedora/issues/15
> --

So once we start making something available, it is available forever
but this is the kind of data which mirrors are not really interested
in helping us with. So since we already store all the 'raw' data on
the download server archives... I don't see any reason to store it
more often. I would rather see that someone has the scripts to create
their own images of whatever they want from archives knowing that they
have no support.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.