Hosting End-Of-Life Fedora Base images?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 20 17:00:34 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 12:39 PM, Adam Miller
<maxamillion at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hello all,
>     There was an issue ticket filed against the Fedora Docker Base
> Images[0] github repo requesting that older End-Of-Life'd (EOL'd)
> Fedora releases be made available as docker images[1] and I'm not
> personally very inclined to do this because I think EOL'd releases
> should be left alone once they are OEL'd but I wanted to open the
> discussion to see if others would be interested.

Even if this is positioned as "archival" or "research", I think
providing these after EOL is simply going to lead to further use of an
EOL Fedora.  That is essentially setting up those users for security
exploits and a poor user experience when none of their bugs will be
fixed.

josh