Geeqie... I'll take it -- but I'd like co-maintainers! [was Re: Orphaned Geeqie]

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 21:49:38 UTC 2015

On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 14:57:49 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:

> I am interested, and I'll pick it up. However, I'd definitely
> appreciate co-maintainers, and particularly someone who could generate
> security patches if need be, given the state of upstream.

The state is uncertain, but that's not specific to Geeqie.
For example, some users have managed to crash Geeqie by loading
.xcf files from The Gimp, and xcf-pixbuf-loader is in a poor state
at Fedora and upstream, too:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-November/204608.html
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/xcf-pixbuf-loader.git/log/