Orphaned SoundConverter

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 10:58:49 UTC 2015

Hello, everyone!

Package "soundconverter" will still have the initial owner, but over
the past five years I've been the only one to work on the package.
I really would have liked the occasional commit from someone else.

It has not been a low-maintenance package. Lots of bugs, race-conditions,
debugging and fixing required. Upstream contact has been good.

What else could be interesting for someone who would like to take
over?

The current version is based on Python 2 and GStreamer 0.10.x.
There is a bit of work already on creating a version based on
Python 3 and GStreamer 1.0.x API, but nothing usable yet.