anybody running dhcpd & LDAP ?

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Tue Jul 21 11:29:34 UTC 2015

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015, Jiri Popelka wrote:
>dhcpd upstream is going to merge some LDAP related patches that various
>distributions use and I've been asked if I can help with testing.
Is this discussed anywhere publicly? I was unable to find any discussion
on dhcp-users@ or dhcp-workers@ mailing lists. Where can I find patches?

We have a design and half-baked implementation fleshed out for
FreeIPA/dhcpd integration (FreeIPA is LDAP store at one side).
See
  https://www.freeipa.org/page/DHCP_Integration_Design
  https://bitbucket.org/Firstyear/freeipa-dhcp

Looking at your srpm from the COPR, I can see that you included the
patches William Brown developed as part of the work above, which is
good.

>I haven't tried dhcpd with LDAP myself, but I promised to ask if there's
>any volunteer with such experience.
Jiri, I think we can arrange something with FreeIPA. Perhaps Jan (in
 CC:) could set you up an environment?

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy