Unified file selection dialogs

Richard Marko rmarko at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 21 13:16:53 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm currently working with toolchains that are composed of number of
apps that all use different file selection dialogs. This gets annoying
pretty quickly as one has to learn how to use multiple file choosers.
Some of these provide bookmarks that are quite handy but when there are
multiple user has to save the same bookmarks in various file choosers.
Recently used directories won't work either.

Are there any ongoing efforts to fix this situation?
What would be a proper solution to this problem?

I've only found one blogpost discussing this topic:

http://straightedgelinux.com/blog/opinions/filechoosers/index.html

Cheers,

--
Richard