Fedora developer portal - proof of concept

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 21 14:04:12 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 10:00 AM, Neal Gompa <ngompa13 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 9:57 AM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 21/07/15 15:45 +0200, Petr Hracek wrote:
>>>
>>> Feel free to send us any comment or improvements. We would like to
>>> improve Fedora for developers.
>>> Just contents are missing.
>>

>> Under "The latest stable runtimes and frameworks Packaged in Fedora
>> and ready to use!" would it be worth mentioning C and C++?
>>
>> GCC 5 is the first compiler to default to the latest C11 standard, and we
>> ship more of the latest C++ standard library extensions than any
>> other compiler.
>>
>> There's a lot happening in that space, and not everyone gets excited
>> by shiny dynamic languages ;-)
>>
>> --
>

> Personally, I'm a little uncomfortable with the phrasing "Fedora is made for
> developers". It implies that we don't do anything to make it great for
> non-developers, which is not true at all. Is there a better way we can word
> this?

The site is specifically targeted at developers.  The URL will likely
be something like developers.fedoraproject.org.  This isn't a generic,
front-page site.  Given the targeted nature of it, I think it's
perfectly fine to say Fedora is built for developers.  I mean, you
wouldn't want a developer coming to this page and seeing "Fedora is
built for everyone" and then a bunch of text explaining that.

josh