Fedora developer portal - proof of concept

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 21 14:04:58 UTC 2015

(resending with my fpo email; my rht email isn't sub'ed to devel@)

On 07/21/2015 09:51 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> I'm curious how this is going to be tied into the Fedora Hubs work?
> If it isn't, I'm curious why not :)

So Fedora Hubs' main audiences are folks who are contributing to Fedora,
whether they are new or experienced Fedora contributors.

It's my understanding that the developer.fpo site is more focused towards:

- developers who may develop apps for Linux but do not exclusively focus
on Fedora in terms of as a target for their own applications

- developers who may want to or do use Fedora, and while they happen to
be developers but don't actually develop Fedora itself.

That being said, there is no reason why we couldn't have a hub tied to
developer.fpo that aggregates info from developer.fpo and provides a
social space for Fedora contributors who also fit into the developer.fpo
audience.

Hope that makes sense?

~m