Fedora developer portal - proof of concept

Petr Hracek phracek at redhat.com
Wed Jul 22 13:24:11 UTC 2015

On 07/21/2015 04:00 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 9:57 AM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat.com
> <mailto:jwakely at redhat.com>>wrote:
>
>     On 21/07/15 15:45 +0200, Petr Hracek wrote:
>
>         Feel free to send us any comment or improvements. We would
>         like to improve Fedora for developers.
>         Just contents are missing.
>

>     Under "The latest stable runtimes and frameworks Packaged in Fedora
>     and ready to use!" would it be worth mentioning C and C++?
>
>     GCC 5 is the first compiler to default to the latest C11 standard,
>     and we ship more of the latest C++ standard library extensions
>     than any
>     other compiler.
>
>     There's a lot happening in that space, and not everyone gets excited
>     by shiny dynamic languages ;-)
>
>     --
>

> ​Personally, I'm a little uncomfortable with the phrasing "Fedora is
> made for developers". It implies that we don't do anything to make it
> great for non-developers, which is not true at all. ​Is there a better
> way we can word this?

As I mentioned in the first mail. This is *proof of concept* and will be
definitely changed.
UX team could look at it and let us know whether is fullfield with
fedoraproject UX layouts.
Other pages which could be developed later on could have the same faces
so that
all pages looks the same.

--
Petr Hracek