Boost updated to 1.58.0 in rawhide and f23

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Wed Jul 22 14:18:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 01:47:49PM +0100, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 22/07/15 13:30 +0100, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> >On 22/07/15 14:08 +0200, David Tardon wrote:
> >>Hi,

> >>Does this mean that maintainers are expected to rebuild their packages
> >>themselves?
> >
> >What's the usual policy? Should I be doing it? (Can I do it, if I
> >don't have privs to commit a new %release to the spec file and push
> >that?)

There is no policy, but usually it is that the maintainer of the rebased
package who handles rebuild of depending packages. Especially if the
rebuild is done in a side tag.

> >If I'm supposed to be doing it then I'll get started immediately :-)
>
> I've learnt from IRC that I would need to be a provenpackager to do it
> myself, which I'm not, so either package owners need to rebuild, or if
> that doesn't happen in time I'll have to rely on the kindness of a
> provenpackager to help out.

I can help. But you should really apply for provenpackager yourself, so
you do not have to rely on other people the next time.

Also, the timing is really unfortunate. The update should have happened
before F-23 branch-off, not a week after it :-) Now every package has to
be rebuilt twice.

D.