Fedora developer portal - proof of concept

Adam Samalik asamalik at redhat.com
Wed Jul 22 15:17:25 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I updated the prototype and tried apply your feedback: https://developer-phracek.rhcloud.com/

I removed everything "random" from the home page and changed it - so it better explains the purpose of the portal. The previous version was more about previewing the technology and structure in the main menu. The homepage itself wasn't that important - sorry again for not making this clear in advance.

We should be now able to use the prototype to:
  - preview the content from our content repo [1] (it's better than reading markdown)
  - decide whether this structure is acceptable (and probably change it a lot)
  - and basically have something running

What it's not in the prototype:
  - section with docker images and vagrant boxes to download
  - section with blogs and updates

What I would like to do next? Ideally, if you find some time, I would like to have a session with you, people interested in this project, to discuss the content, structure and basically everything related to this. For example, I really like how the Fedora Hubs project [2] is going. If we could do something similar, even when the Fedora Developer Portal is not that big, it would be really nice.

If you don't know what this is all about, please visit our project wiki [3] or ask me any question.

Adam

[1] https://github.com/developer-portal/content
[2] http://blog.linuxgrrl.com/2015/07/01/fedora-hubs-update/
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/Developer