Boost updated to 1.58.0 in rawhide and f23

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 23 20:27:47 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-07-22 at 16:18 +0200, David Tardon wrote:

> Also, the timing is really unfortunate. The update should have
> happened
> before F-23 branch-off, not a week after it :-) Now every package has
> be rebuilt twice.

It's also unfortunate from another angle. We're trying to build Fedora
23 Alpha composes and we're already late; this landed just as anaconda
and the compose toolchain was more or less ready, and caused a bunch of
dependency issues which break installs and live image creation.

It seems odd to land the new build into the F23 and Rawhide repos and
*then* set up a side tag to do rebuilds. What's the point of that? The
usual way a side tag is used is that the new boost is built *in the
side tag* and all the package rebuilds are also done in the side tag;
then the new boost and the packages built against it can be tagged into
the main repo together, without disrupting things. I don't see that
having a side tag for rebuilds against an soname bump that's already in
the main repo achieves anything at all.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey