Boost updated to 1.58.0 in rawhide and f23

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Jul 24 19:30:41 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 19:26:09 +0100,
  Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat.com> wrote:

>>>blobby
>
>blobby needs this patch to build:
>
>http://git.engineering.redhat.com/git/users/jwakely/fedora/blobby/commit/?h=ostream
>
>(I've sent the patch to one of the upstream project maintainers).
>
>But it still fails anyway with:
>
>/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/blobby.dir/BlobbyDebug.cpp.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.bss' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
>CMakeFiles/blobby.dir/BlobbyDebug.cpp.o: error adding symbols: Bad value
>
>which doesn't seem to be a Boost problem.

I have taken a couple of looks at blobby and I'll take a look at your patch.
Unfortunately the svn repo at sourceforge is broken right now, so I can't
see if there is a later snapshot than we are using that might be better. It
looks like the issue is something might be fixed in a few days or weeks.

Blobby was FTBFS before the boost update, so likely there isn't a boost issue.