Systemd Preset Policy

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Sat Jul 25 03:10:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

Let me see if I understand , on 2015-05-20 [1] FESCo has decided to
merge some of the policy around service units, socket units and timer
units into a single policy that treats all units that run as default the
same way.
Note: decision made 6 days before Fedora 22 Final Release.

We got some new wiki pages [2] - How to enable a service by default ?

Services are enabled or disabled by default through systemd preset files

But before that I used a script to enable services like this:

%post guest
/bin/systemctl daemon-reload >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
/bin/systemctl restart systemd-modules-load.service >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
/bin/systemctl enable vboxservice.service >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
/bin/systemctl restart vboxservice.service >/dev/null 2>&1 || :

This kind of scriptlet still works on Fedora 22 (updated), on a new
installation ?

Other wiki page shows that PackagePresets are from Fedora 18 ! [3]

And what is the best way to set a preset for a service ? that we want
enable by default, when is installed .
Note: I'm asking this because I don't saw any example on package
guidelines.

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/532

[2]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:DefaultServices#Locally_running_services