GDAL 2.0 soname bump

Volker Fröhlich volker27 at gmx.at
Sat Jul 25 10:39:00 UTC 2015

On 06/23/2015 01:30 AM, Volker Fröhlich wrote:
> Hello!
>
> GDAL 2.0 is here and we'll have to rebuild all dependent packages, once
> our build is ready. The API has changed quite a bit and there finally is
> a new soname version too!
>
> http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/branches/2.0/gdal/MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT
> http://upstream.rosalinux.ru/versions/gdal.html
>
> I expect various builds to break. I guess we should try in COPR first.
> I'll let you know once we get there.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Volker Fröhlich

Hello again!

All major issues should be ironed out now:

- msailer adapted vfrnav. The build is failing at the moment, but not
due to GDAL
- churchyard is aware of the failing tests in python-Fiona
- slankes will provide a version of merkaartor with a 2.0 patch upstream
provides

https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/volter/gdal-2.0/builds/

I therefore plan to put 2.0 into Rawhide and F23 this weekend.

Greetings,

Volker Fröhlich