About making noarch package arch specific, when contents differ.

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 14:05:52 UTC 2015

I had this build failure:

Package:    sagemath-6.5-7.fc22
Built by:   pcpa
ID:         672175
Started:    Sat, 25 Jul 2015 22:52:10 UTC
Finished:   Sun, 26 Jul 2015 07:57:28 UTC

Closed tasks:
-------------
Task 10480570 on arm04-builder10.arm.fedoraproject.org
Task Type: build (noarch)
Link: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=10480570

mismatch when analyzing sagemath-doc-en-6.5-7.fc22.noarch.rpm, rpmdiff
output was:
error: cannot open Packages index using db5 - Permission denied (13)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
added       /usr/share/doc/sagemath/output/html/en/reference/hecke
[...]

The interesting part, is that the above build generated
packages, but ended up with failed state.
After that, I checked contents of the armv7hl and x86_64
trees, and noticed that they are, indeed not identical.
The way documentation is generated with sphinx, should
be part of the cause (when it pickle/unpicke python states, etc),
and sometimes it even adds the location of a file to the docs,
e.g. telling where source is located, causes diffs, from
/usr/lib/python2.7/... vs /usr/lib64/python2.7/...

Should I make the doc packages arch specific?

Thanks,
Paulo