[ACTION REQUIRED] FTBFS Packages in rawhide (2015-07-27)

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 14:23:23 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 3:17 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 01:00:26PM +0000, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
>> A bunch of packages depend on /usr/bin/execstack, provide by prelink.
>> If prelink goes away, they'll be ftbfs immediately. What is
>> the plan here? Can we move execstack somewhere else, or is
>> there a replacement tool?
>
> What are those? `dnf repoquery --whatrequires /usr/bin/execstack` gives
>  me nothing. Also I've lived for years without the prelink packaged
> installed and never noticed anything that pulled it in....

>From dealing with this for arch bringups I know there are quite a few,
but likely in the high teens/low 20s in number, of packages that use
execstack. Not sure what feature it provides as I've never been
bothered enough to look into it but it's generally used at build time
not install time which means it won't be picked up by repoquery.

Peter