Boost updated to 1.58.0 in rawhide and f23

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 27 20:47:51 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-07-27 at 09:48 +0100, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> > This looks like a Boost problem:
> >
> > configure: error: invalid value: boost_major_version=
> >
> > But actually it's caused by a GCC change that puts a # preprocessor
> > marker before macro expansions:
> >
> > boost-lib-version = # 2 "/tmp/conftest.cpp" 3 4
> >                  "1_58"
> >
> > The configure script needs to use -P as described at
> > https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-5/porting_to.html
>
> This patch fixes the flamerobin build.
>
> I don't understand why flamerobin isn't shown in the recent FTBFS
> email when this failure is nothing to do with the Boost upgrade and
> should be happening for all f23 and rawhide builds using GCC-5.

boost.m4 upstream fixed this differently:

https://github.com/tsuna/boost.m4/commit/32553aaf4d5090da19aa0ec33b9369
82c685009f

the test comes into flamerobin from boost.m4 -> aclocal.m4 -> configure
. I've filed a bug on upstream flamerobin to update to latest boost.m4:

https://sourceforge.net/p/flamerobin/bugs/256/

I was gonna change the fix in our flamerobin to 'pull in the latest
boost.m4 and regenerate the build scripts', but the snapshot we have is
so ancient that doesn't work very well, so I'll stick with more or less
the current patch (only make it apply properly).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey