F23 Self Contained Change: RPM MPI Requires Provides

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 21:56:45 UTC 2015

Ok I've now got one full build of all MPI packages [1]. Investigating
the output, things are looking good, except for the fact that I realized
that I'll also need to handle binaries MPI_PYTHON_SITEARCH and
MPI_FORTRAN_MOD_DIR - these directories are outside MPI_HOME and hence
currently don't get the enhanced requires/provides strings. Since change
deadline is tomorrow, I'd like to see the rebuilds starting to land in
rawhide+F23 despite of this remaining issue, and then I'll look at
cleanly adapting the scripts to also handle the (few) remaining cases.

I've prepared a set of git am-able patches to apply to the various
packages here [2]. The rebuild sequence needed is posted below.

Know FTBFS are paraview (protobuf incompatibility) and netgen-mesher
(someone had the great idea of doing something like #define Status int
in a public header and I haven't yet got around to finding out who).
Affected by the missing handling of MPI_PYTHON_SITEARCH and
MPI_FORTRAN_MOD_DIR are elpa, sundials, pypar and mpi4py.

So if any proven packager could fire the rebuilds, that would be much
appreciated.

Thanks
Sandro

[1] https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/smani/rpm-mpi-hooks-testing2
[2] https://smani.fedorapeople.org/rpm-mpi-hooks/patches/

Rebuild sequence (these are four groups, items within a group can be
built together):
mpich
openmpi

mpi4py