GDAL 2.0 soname bump

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Tue Jul 28 00:22:32 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 01:34:14PM +0000, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 03:04:18PM +0200, Dan Horák wrote:
> > On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 12:39:00 +0200
> > Volker Fröhlich <volker27 at gmx.at> wrote:

> > > Hello again!
> > >
> > > All major issues should be ironed out now:
> > >
> > > - msailer adapted vfrnav. The build is failing at the moment, but not
> > > due to GDAL
> > > - churchyard is aware of the failing tests in python-Fiona
> > > - slankes will provide a version of merkaartor with a 2.0 patch
> > > upstream provides
> > >
> > > https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/volter/gdal-2.0/builds/
> > >
> > > I therefore plan to put 2.0 into Rawhide and F23 this weekend.
> >
> > are you going to do the rebuilds for the dependent packages or
> > should the maintainers do them themselves?
>
> I rebuilt python-Fiona.
That was premature optimism. I rebuilt it against previous version of
gdal (confused by missing rawhide composes over the weekend).
Unfortunately there's no way it'll build against the updated gdal.
Miro Hrončok filed a bug [1] upstream, but it looks like it will take
a while.

[1] https://github.com/Toblerity/Fiona/issues/239

Zbyszek