About making noarch package arch specific, when contents differ.

Dan Callaghan dcallagh at redhat.com
Tue Jul 28 22:35:42 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Peter Robinson's message of 2015-07-28 18:01 +10:00:
> This is completely NOT appropriate, it breaks on secondary arches
> where they then end up with no documentation due to the lack of any
> x86_64. Please DO NOT do this and please revert the change on any
> packages you might have made this change.

I haven't used that hack on any of my packages but I learnt about it
from the ipxe package which uses it to produce noarch subpackages
containing boot images. I guess ipxe is broken on secondary arches as
well, but it's acceptable for that package because the only alternative
would be to make it x86-only?

--
Dan Callaghan <dcallagh at redhat.com>
Senior Software Engineer, Products & Technologies Operations