Emacs packaging guidelines (was: Re: Fedora minimal installations)

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 19:12:56 UTC 2015

On 29 July 2015 at 20:08, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> > And once again the wording is weak. It says "should". Three times even.
>> What's wrong with the word "should"? What am I missing? Seems like the
>> usual use of this word to me?
>
> Presuambly this: https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt

OK, so that's exactly what I intended when I wrote the text of the bug
report (I had that definition in mind) - I thought there might be
unforseen valid reasons not to merge the emacs- subpackage into the
main package, and hence didn't use "must". So, I am still not seeing
my error here but I would like to, so I can avoid it in future...