Fedora minimal installations

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 20:21:44 UTC 2015

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 13:56:30 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:

> On Wed, 2015-07-29 at 18:24 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
> > Some -filesystem packages contain shared libs. Others are not > .noarch:
>
> Not being noarch isn't a sin, mesa-filesystem owns %{_libdir}/dri so it
> really can't be archful.

True. I didn't claim mesa-filesystem would be a mistake. At least no
packages "Requires: mesa-filesystem" without %_isa. That's good.
Arch-specific -filesystem packages are another hurdle for new packagers,
though. The guidelines don't give any hint/warning.

> Also, boost-filesystem and lua-filesystem appear to just be confusingly
> named, they really do contain a filesystem interface library.

And I guess there are -common packages that contain a directory tree
and predate the -filesystem subpackage guidelines.