[HEADS UP] libgit2 and -glib version bump to 0.23.0 in f23 & rawhide

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Fri Jul 31 05:58:35 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 03:58:09PM +0000, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm planning today to update libgit2[0] and libgit2-glib[1] in Fedora 23
> and Fedora Rawhide to new version. API has changed, some functions removed,
> some has new/type changed parameters. Read more[2].
>
> Packages which needs rebuild (probably patches or updates needed):
OK, and what happens if the patches turn out to be non-trivial
and slow in being produced? I really think this kind of change should
be done first using scratch builds of all dependent packages
(or using a side tag if there are more than a handful of dependent
packages). This way maintainers have time to respond in case
upstream work is needed, and we don't get uninstallable
packages in rawhide.

Recent gdal update was similar. Some dependent packages require porting
to the new APIs, nobody knows when that will happen.

> * gitg
> * gnome-builder
> * kate-plugins
> * kf5-ktexteditor
> * python-pygit2
> * python3-pygit2
> * rubygem-rugged
> * subsurface
> * gedit-plugin-git
>
> I will rebuild gnome-builder myself, others I can't due to lack of
> permissions.
>
> Hope you will rebuild it ASAP ;)
Rebuilt kf5-ktexteditor, kate, gedit-plugins.
rubygem-rugged from git should work. I'm waiting for a build to finish.

pygit2 *should* already work. Not sure what is wrong.

subsurface fails: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=10552496
subsurface 4.4.2 is out, but the changelog indicates nothing
relevant.

Above was all for rawhide. For F23, if it turns out that it is not
possible to rebuild everything quickly, the change should be reverted
imho.

Zbyszek