Updates push status - 20150725

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jul 31 08:54:18 UTC 2015

Am 31.07.2015 um 03:15 schrieb Johnny Robeson:
> On Fri, 2015-07-31 at 02:40 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>>> Friday (20150724), it hit a problem in the fedora22 updates-testing
>>> atomic compose. We worked thru and fixed one, but there's still
>>> some
>>> sort of issue preventing it from completing. ;(
>>
>> So this useless "Fedora Atomic" toy now delayed updates (including
>> security
>> updates!) for everybody, i.e., also for the >99% of our users who do
>> NOT use
>> "Atomic"? I find it unacceptable that we are being held hostage by
>> that kind
>> of niche project (considering that one argument for adding support
>> for it
>> was that if we don't want to use it, it won't affect us).
>>
> Please have respect for other peoples work. I expect to find this
> language on common web forums, but we can do better here

well, the friendly version:

something is terrible wrong designed in the
build/deployment-environments when unrelated stuff failing leads to fail
anything

compose of atomic failed?

so who cares, write a mail to the sysadmins and continue with the other
repos and as long that is not possible Fedora should refrain from adding
more and more install flavours and re-design how the things are
technically managed internally before