[HEADS-UP] Please test kdbus in Rawhide!

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Fri Jul 31 18:49:49 UTC 2015

On Thu, 30.07.15 19:57, Lennart Poettering (mzerqung at 0pointer.de) wrote:

> Heya!
>
> I'd like to ask everybody to test kdbus on Rawhide. Josh thankfully
> added it to the Rawhide kernel packages, and our systemd RPMs come
> with built-in support, too now. If you are running an up-to-date
> Rawhide system adding "kdbus=1" to your kernel command line is hence
> everything you need to run kdbus instead of dbus-daemon. (No
> additional RPMs need to be installed.) If you do, things should just
> work the same way as before, if we did everything right. By adding or
> dropping "kdbus=1" to/from the command line you can enable kdbus or
> revert back to dbus1 on each individual boot.

Quick update:

We have released a new version of systemd now with all bugs reported
here fixed. It's also in Rawhide already, but it might not have hit
all mirrors yet. To download it directly, please use:

And please remember to turn selinux at least into permissive mode when
using this, or even turn it off entirely while testing ("kdbus=1
selinux=0" on the kernel command line).

Thanks a lot to everybody who already tested this!

Please test the new version, any feedback much appreciated!

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat