F23 System Wide Change: Default Local DNS Resolver

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 1 13:32:47 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 01, 2015 at 08:03:27AM -0400, Jan Kurik wrote:
> People use Fedora on portable/mobile devices which are connected to
> diverse networks as and when required. The automatic DNS
> configurations provided by these networks are never trustworthy for
> DNSSEC validation. As currently there is no way to establish such
> trust.

Is this proposal meant to apply to Cloud and Server as well? With
Cloud, it's at least conventional to assume that the network
infrastructure provided by the provider is trustworthy (see
cloud-init). And Server presumably will not be running on
portable/mobile devices connecting to arbitrary networks. For Server,
there may be other advantages, but do we also want these for Cloud?

I'm also concerned about going forward with this without having a solid
answer to the container problem.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>