F23 System Wide Change: Default Local DNS Resolver

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jun 1 19:31:14 UTC 2015

Am 01.06.2015 um 20:30 schrieb Andrew Lutomirski:
> I would think that avoiding a single point of failure (your LAN
> nameserver) would be a *good* thing

and your holy one and only resolver on localhost is not a single point
of failure? in fact it would take much longer to recognize a failing and
exclusive local resolver on 2 out of 1000 servers why it gets visible
from the first second if your central nameservers have problems

and BTW glibc has no problem with the first nameserver in
/etc/resolv.conf failing as long as the slave responds, it may take a
little time but that don't matter as long as we are not talking about a
incoming mail exchanger