[Base] Base Design WG agenda meeting 1st June 2015 14:15 UTC on #fedora-meeting-2

Václav Pavlín vpavlin at redhat.com
Tue Jun 2 06:47:44 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

I am sorry I missed the meeting yesterday - I had a training I
completely forgot about, but anyway, my comments to the topic(s) follow:

Gathering of an information for the modularization proposal should
surely be a common effort of e&s and Base - as both WGs has
edditions/spins as their users

 From my pov Base should own intersection of the package set from (all?)
editions/spins/WGs. Thus if we agree on using scl for our
modularization, then yes, it should be in Base's hands to add it the
core pkg set. But also as jreznik said, we screwed up in generating
requirements for such minimal/common package set:). On the other hand
whatever is optional and not THE ONE technology we choose to support
should be probably in hands of e&s so that we don't add bloat to base
system.

14:47:53 <langdon> msekleta, i guess i am making the argument that if
e&s says "this is how we do x, which relies on y" then e&s needs to work
with base to get y included in base for use by the editions (or other
WGs in general)

If it is agreed upon that all editions will benefit from that "x and y",
then yes. But let's imagine Workstation decides to use xdg-apps and
server decides to use Docker for similar use cases - how do e&s or Base
get involved in here?

That's my 2c:)

Cheers,
Vašek