Fedora 22: cannot use rpmsign in script - problem with pinentry-gtk-2

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Tue Jun 2 07:57:38 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-02, Pavel Lisý <pavel.lisy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've used rpmsign in script for long time. I worked fine. After upgrade to
> Fedora 22 (from Fedora 20) something changed

[...]
> is starting now pinentry-gtk-2 and forces me to put passphrase to modal
> window.
>
> Is any possibility how to disable this behaviour? Whatever I've found
> through google didn't work for me.

gnupg2 changed. Maybe you look for gpg-preset-passphrase tool
<https://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg/gpg_002dpreset_002dpassphrase.html>.

Also the gpg-agent is not located by environment variables but by
socket. And the gpg-agent will be spawned automatically if it does not
run.

Also handling password file descriptor behaves differently. See
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.encryption.gpg.devel/19353/>.

-- Petr