Reviving Fedora MIPS

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Fri Jun 5 12:12:56 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-06-03 at 19:11 +0800, Christopher Meng wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 4:10 AM, Michal Toman <michal.toman at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> [cut]
>
> I'm willing to see MIPS coming back to Fedora supported arch.
>
> However I failed to apply for a GSoC project of fixing Fedora
> packages
> on MIPS under Fedora Project this year, so I'm not sure if core
> developers will show any interests on it.

Just to be clear; your GSoC proposal was refused because 1) you didn't
have a mentor and 2) the scope of your project was too large.

This should not be construed as Fedora not showing interest.
Bootstrapping a new (or restarted) architecture is a major effort that
no one person can or should attempt without help.

So if you want to work with Michal Toman on this, great!