Checking the ABI of packages submitted to the updates-testing Fedora repository

Dodji Seketeli dodji at seketeli.org
Fri Jun 5 14:47:00 UTC 2015

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <zbyszek at in.waw.pl> a écrit:

> About the name: "package" is fairly generic, but "pkg" is used as specific name. Arch has
> ".pkg.tar.xz", Slackware has "pkgtool". So unless you plan to support generic archive
> formats,

Indeed, that is what we are planning to do, unless we find down the road
that its a dead end.

So if a party interested in supporting a particular package format, we'd
be glad to access patches for doing so.  That distro-specific support
should just be about unpacking the content of the package to a temporary
directory tree, and then the generic part of the tool should do the rest.

> I think it would be best to use something rpm-specific, like "abirpmdiff"
> or maybe even "rpmabidiff". The latter would have the advantage that it would be
> more discoverable with tab-completion and similar.

Cheers,

--
		Dodji