DKMS is not installing the right kernel-devel package

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jun 9 20:43:07 UTC 2015

Am 09.06.2015 um 22:38 schrieb Dan Book:
> That's great, for people who already know what to do. The problem is for
> people who try to install dkms or akmods and then it doesn't work. There
> are plenty of people who use dkms or akmods modules but don't compile
> anything themselves (and those people are less likely to understand the
> kernel-devel issue).

which issue?

you get the most recent kernel-devel and that's it

if you don't reboot to the most recent kernel installed on your system
before biuld dkmos/akmod modules - bad luck - but how is that a Fedora
problem at all - both are helpers in case of wrong hardware decisions
and so you need in the worst case to ivent 10 minutes of our time you
saved by bouy random broken hardware

that *is not* a Fedora problem at all - period