New contributor looking for Python projects/packages...

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Jun 10 07:23:10 UTC 2015

Dne 9.6.2015 v 23:38 Alex G.S. napsal(a):
> Devel,
>
> Fedora is my favorite Linux distribution by a wide margin and I currently enjoy Workstation on both my work (devops) and
> home computer.  I've started working with Python and I want to contribute back to Fedora by taking on small tasks where
> needed.  Can you suggest a list of Python based/oriented components or packages that really need developers/maintainers
> and aren't too overwhelming or complex for a first-time contributor?  Also is there a person you suggest I reach out to
> as a point of contact for new contributors?

You can help doing reviews:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process
http://fedoraproject.org/PackageReviewStatus/NEW.html
There is 48 *python* packages waiting for review.

Of course you need to be a packager first to finish a review. So you may package something which is not in Fedora yet.
Check this wish list:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_maintainers_wishlist?rd=PackageMaintainers/WishList

Or you can become a co-maintainer first and the Python SIG - as suggested by Josef - is the right place to start.
--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA