F23 System Wide Change: SELinux policy store migration

Miroslav Grepl mgrepl at redhat.com
Fri Jun 12 17:00:32 UTC 2015

> On Thu, 11.06.15 06:51, Jan Kurik (jkurik at redhat.com) wrote:
>
>> = Proposed System Wide Change: SELinux policy store migration =
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SELinuxPolicyStoreMigration
>
> I cannot make sense of this with my limited selinux knowledge, could
> you please elaborate on this on the changes page for people like me
> who only have a superficial understanding of selinux?

Yeap, we are working on it.

Basically the binary policy file
(/etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.29) loaded to kernel is built from
SELinux policy modules. These modules are currently located in
/etc/selinux/targeted/modules and we call it as a "module store". This
store is now moved to /var/lib/selinux/targeted/modules. This only
affects tools like semanage, semodule which are used for a policy
manipulation. So we are able to boot without /var also from SELinux
point of view.

Thanks,
Mirek

--
Miroslav Grepl
Senior Software Engineer, SELinux Solutions