Qt 5 private headers

Ruslan Nigmatullin euroelessar at yandex.ru
Sat Jun 13 02:15:15 UTC 2015

12.06.2015, 16:32, "Rex Dieter" <rdieter at math.unl.edu>:
> Ruslan Nigmatullin wrote:
>
>>>  Are you willing to help work on it? :)
>>
>>  Sure, I may have a look. How can I start?
>
> Start by identifying precisely what should be declared as private. Offhand
> I see:
> /usr/include/qt5/*/private/
> /usr/lib(64)/qt5/mkspecs/modules/qt_lib*_private.pri
>
> anything more than that?

Sorry for misunderstanding, my question is about more final step, what should I do once I get modified *.spec file and check it by rpmbuild? Should I send it to one of current Qt5 maintainers?

>>  Is there any way to test if I've
>>  broken anything in any way except trying to rebuild all Fedora's packages
>>  (Qt5 and all dependencies like KDE) at my lapto
>
> Probably not (reliably), at least not until we also start tracking precisely
> what is using said private headers/interfaces

Technically this change would break build step for all packages which depend on private headers. But installation of already existing packages shouldn't be affected.

Anyway I'll try to find and fix all dependent specs as well, but what's a rescue plan if I miss something?

> -- Rex
>
> --

Ruslan Nigmatullin