Unison in Fedora

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Mon Jun 15 11:54:21 UTC 2015

>> You can set arbitrary version numbers on subpackages, so this isn't
>> really an issue.
>
> Blimey, so you can.  That's a pretty obscure feature of RPM!  I wonder
> if any packages use it?

It's quite common, a quick count yields 5257 subpackages which have
different VR from their source package (as encoded in the source RPM
header field, for lack of a better data source).

The largest contributor is texlive, where the source RPM uses a
Subversion revision as its version, and the individual packages use
years.  lvm2 uses it as well, so we can assume this functionality is
actually pretty well-tested.